This recipe for Mexican Turkey Meatloaf Cupcakes made with 99% fat free ground turkey, picante sauce for a kick, and light cheddar cheese topping. Each is only 80 calories each and three of these “cupcakes” make a meal at 240 calories. Enjoy with Spinach-Garlic Zoodles.
Mexican Turkey Meatloaf Cupcakes
These sassy mini meatloaf cupcakes are packed with protein. Serve these as an appetizer, grab a couple for lunch along with a big green salad. Or, for dinner, serve as an entree about 3 cupcakes per person. Very versatile! 240 calories (just 2 points) for three cupcakes.
- 16 oz. 99% fat Free extra lean ground turkey Jennie-O (May use other types of ground turkey, but for zero points with Weight Watchers, 99% fat free is necessary.
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1/2 cup fire roasted corn frozen section
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup oatmeal can substitute crushed, baked tortilla chips
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 cup fat free cheddar cheese, shredded option to use reduced fat Mexican cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using cooking spray, lightly cover a 4x3 cupcake pan.
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients until well mixed.
Put a 1/4 cup of turkey mixture into each cupcake in the pan. Take a knife to smooth out the top.
Bake for 30-40 minutes until knife pulls out clean and meatloaf cups are lightly browned. Remove from oven and keep oven on.
Take a small bowl and combine salsa and ketchup.
Spread salsa-ketchup mixture on each cupcake (like frosting).
Top with 1 tsp. of cheese.
Put topped meatloaf cups back into the oven.
Bake for another 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven.