Pow! Fire-Up the Slow Cooker and Enjoy Our Low-Point Asian Turkey Chili
More Hong Kong than Texas, our Low-Point Asian Turkey Chili takes the best flavors of the best Chinese dishes and combines with traditional southwest chili ingredients. By using ground turkey rather than ground beef, the calories and points are greatly reduced. Serve with cauliflower rice or brown rice. Each serving of our Low-Point Asian Turkey Chili is only 256 calories or two points per serving. Check out our other Asian-inspired recipes: One-Point Egg Roll Bowl and One-Point Asian Orange Chicken. For another tasty chili recipe, enjoy our Zero-Point Pumpkin Turkey Chili.
Low-Point Asian Turkey Chili
This slow cooker chili makes a large serving of fusion-style Low-Point Asian Turkey Chili. With all the best flavors of Chinese food, our Asian Turkey Chili is loaded with vegetables and wholesome beans. Just two points and 256 calories per serving.
- 1 sweet onions, large, chopped
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 lbs. ground turkey, 99% fat free
- 1/4 cup ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 4 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 cup dry sherry (or substitute vegetable broth)
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1/8 cup soy sauce, lower sodium
- 1/4 cup chili paste (Sambal Oelek) Look for Kame, a lower-calorie hoisin brand
- 2 tsp Splenda or Stevia
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 oz.) dark red kidney beans, drained, rinsed`
- salt & pepper, to taste
In a large slow cooker, please all the ingredients. Cook on high for four hours, stirring 1-2 times during this time. Chili is ready to serve when the turkey is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender.