Only one point per serving! This is the Lightest Chicken Cacciatore that you’ll find! This hearty, healthy Italian Chicken chicken dish is made in the slow cooker with chicken breasts, red bell peppers and mushrooms, oregano, and white wine. Enjoy with whole grain pasta, zoodles or simply naked!
Lightest Chicken Cacciatore
Also, known as "Hunter's Chicken," this dish is rich in tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, garlic, and herbs. Just one point or 185 calories per serving.
- 32 oz. chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) cut into 1/2"-1" pieces
- 2 cup red bell pepper cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 onion, large cut into 1/2" pieces
- 16 oz. mushrooms your choice
- 8 oz. white wine (dry) Chardonnay was used for this recipe
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp oregano, fresh chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cans diced tomatoes 14.5 oz. can
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted optional, cut in half
Add all the ingredients in the slow cooker and set for 3-4 hours on high.
Try not to overcook the dish in the slow cooker.
Each serving with olives is about 180 calories, 13 g carbs, 3 g fat, 24 g of fat, 3 g of fiber, 6 g of sugar (or 2 points per serving).